Jan 2, 2015

Why WY? 2014

(There are simply too many adventures here in our new life in Pinedale. I am re-opening my blog so that I can not only share them with those who are interested, but make sure I can write them down and be able to remember all that has happened and will happen. Life is simply too much to try to keep all inside my head...sometimes, I need to get some of it out...so here is to new beginnings and rebirths! )

Greetings from Pinedale, WY.  Why Pinedale? Good question. The best way to answer that is to tell a story...

We had spent the last 8.5 years living in Cache Valley, UT, on the beautiful little piece of land which raised my husband, Aaron.  We had moved into the basement apartment of his parents house only 2.5 months after my horse accident, to help his parents take care of the ranch and to allow Aaron to go back to school. I was still using a wheelchair and cane to get around. To be brutally honest, Cache Valley was one of the last places I wanted to be living...as my soul longed for the canyon country of southern Utah. Over time, I came to love the area and the people, allowing myself to grow "roots" for the first time in our marriage.  Later came horses and dogs, along with the insatiable desire to explore all the trails and canyons in the area. For years, the beautiful Wellsville mountain range stood unexplored, and my curiosity finally won and we hiked the entire ridge in June of this year.  However, after many years of schooling, Aaron was able to graduate this summer with a Master's in Mental Health Counseling.  For months we searched for jobs all over Cache valley, but there was nothing open in his field.  Then, he got an email from Southwest Counseling Services, asking him to apply for an opening in Pinedale, WY, as a substance abuse/mental health counselor.  We had never heard of Pinedale and had to look it up.  We discovered that it is the "gateway to the Wind Rivers", and about an hour south of Jackson. Through weeks of interviewing, and more weeks of waiting for Wyoming licensure, we accepted the idea that maybe God would like us to be of some service in this little town of Pinedale. Once we truly committed to the move--and grieved the loss of our dreams of staying in Cache Valley--all the details fell into place and suddenly we found ourselves amid stacks of boxes wondering how to fit everything into a tiny, old house in the middle of town.



We couldn't have made the move without the help of so many people who love us. And I don't mean simply the act of filling the uhaul. I mean people who are willing to re-home our horses for us, until we can find a way to bring them with us. I mean people who wouldn't let us move away from the music we love and made sure we had a piano of our own to take with us. I mean the people who have hoped for us, and prayed for us--that all would work out as it should. Because it has, and will continue to do so. Thank you. We have shed many tears over the last few months, some of grief, some of relief, and many from gratitude. People are good. That is my story, and I'm sticking to it.

So why WY? Maybe there are some ways we can help WY. And I'm pretty sure... there are some ways WY can help us.

1 comment:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Yes! The blogosphere is whole again!