Our son has had to fight some battles, that of the mental, emotional, and spiritual kind. As a young child, he had an experience that created a deep anxiety within him, and it only got worse as he got older. He began to "manage" the fear and anxiety with behaviors that looked a lot like OCD. Aaron and I finally discovered and learned some tools that could help him if he would actually do them. He did. One of those tools was that of a sword, to remind him that he is a warrior, especially in the spiritual sense. He can "slay" the negative thoughts/voices/stories that create the fear and anxiety. He is now empowered, and has coached other kids his age on how to get rid of the yucky thoughts and replace them with something better. He knows what he is talking about. He now lives "like a warrior", standing up for himself and others. I am so proud of him, and the battles he has fought and won. He has a sword of his own (a William Wallace replica) which he keeps in his room to remind him to always choose freedom over fear. Man, I love this kid.



1 comment:
That's our little man. If he's ever interested, I can get you guys the contact info for some broadsword training - it's really fun, and can only make slaying the demons that much more satisfying.
Post a Comment