Yoga, quite simply, is meditation in motion. the word yoga means union, or to yoke. Usually referring to yoking the mind-body-spirit to all work together. I have been teaching gentle/restorative yoga classes twice a week now for about 5 months. What I love the most about teaching? Being part of someone's healing journey. I have students who tell me how much better they feel, about the little aches and pains that yoga has helped heal. I love watching someone's awareness increase, and the benefits they experience because of it. I love the friendship of those in the class. I love the questions they ask, and if I don't know the answer...I go find it...or send them to someone I know who does know (Bodhi Yoga). I have more confidence as a beginning teacher when I have a place/person to send my students to when I don't have the answers they are seeking. In other words, I don't have to have all the answers...because I am still on my own healing journey. I guess we all are. Yoga is not the only "meditation in motion". There is dancing. Running. Hiking. Riding. Singing. Acting...all of these teach a person to be present...because they are really hard to do (well) if you are not present.
Fluidity + Strength = Grace & Balance. I am still pondering this "equation" I came across. Yeah.
+1.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment