Nov 22, 2013

Present

“Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the now the primary focus of your life.”
― Eckhart TolleThe Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment



I have just finished the above mentioned book.  I discovered I actually have enough experience with being present that I understood what the author was trying to teach in his book.  There was a time when it would've gone completely over my head...and I would have simply shrugged and tossed it aside. However, through my experiences in this "mortal coil", I am learning. Halleluia!  There are three things that come to mind when I ask myself how I learned what being present feels like...the wilderness, horses, and yoga. And I remember that I practice being present (or not) every day as a parent. And spouse. In every interaction I have. I am becoming more aware of what being present feels like--and its benefits--and also becoming more aware of what it feels like to be unconsciously reacting to my life's situation--and the harm that results. Some say "ignorance is bliss"...unless that ignorance (or unconscious reacting patterns) is the cause of all your misery in life.  It may be difficult to bring awareness to what my dysfunction is and do something about it....but it's also difficult to stay unaware of my dysfunction, and have it continually replaying over and over.  I guess its "pick your difficult".  So, as for me and my house, we choose...Now.  :)


No comments: