Last week we took our annual trip to Tony Grove to see the wildflowers. They were more amazing than I've EVER seen them! Absolutely breathtaking. And the scent? Divine. We strolled around the lake, then had some wonderful lunch in the shade of a huge pine tree. Ah...the life!
Below: the spillway, actually spilling because the lake is so full--still.
Below: this was a flower I had never seen...I don't know what it is...
After lunch, we took a hike to one of Wildman's favorite places. It is up the Naomi Peak Trail, then south cross-country a few meadows over. I'd forgotten how rocky and steep the trail was. Ugh.
Below: yep. that is snow. In August. And I may or may not have thrown the first snowball.
Below: ever see a mushroom growing out of the snow? me either.
Below: Wildman showed us some sinkholes that probably VERY few people know about. They were all still filled with snow!
And ooohh...my aching feet. It felt so good to take off my shoes and let my wrinkled feet breathe again...the kids and WM were doing the same thing...so everyone's feet were sticking out of the windows of the SUV. It doesn't feel so great when the weeds whack your feet at 35 miles an hour...
The day was wonderful, the scenery was spectacular. I love living here.
















6 comments:
What a beautiful day! I have been to those sink-holes and you're right...very few people know about them. Tim took me there when we were either first married or dating.
Absolutely stunning...gorgeous, interesting.
What an awesome day! I think TG was the place I really fell in love with lying on my back in fields of wildflowers. Its almost defies explanation. Although your pictures are breathtaking, and brought back some fun memories! Thanks!
Love it...it's time I do the same.
A-maz-ing! Thanks for sharing:)
Those pictures are wonderful! I forget how beautiful Tony Grove is! Thanks for reminding me.
Post a Comment