Wow, what a busy month. Somehow, I need to change my idea that summer=vacation. Actually, school=vacation. Of course, I guess it depends on one’s definition of vacation. J
This month I was able to finish off all of my requirements for my Thai Partner Yoga Therapy certification. It was wonderful to be back at Bodhi Yoga with familiar and new faces. I learned SO much this go around, it helped immensely to have had a year of practice to create a foundation of understanding, because NOW I “get it”. I am really excited to wrap up my training, receive my certificate and begin offering TPYT “for real”. This training has had such a profound affect on me, from the physical (like gaining nearly 8 inches on my forward fold) to the emotional (like the 5-6 days of bursting into song while doing my domestic chores because I just feel so dang GOOD after receiving some Thai Sen Line therapy) to the spiritual (like how my desire to learn more of the Gospel because it has a much richer and deeper meaning to me now). No wonder I was repeatedly prompted (knocked over the head, really) nearly 2 years ago to sign up for this training. It has been life changing, in a fabulous way. Thank you Syl Carson, for the master teacher that you are.
Wildman has dived back into his second semester of school, with double the homework load. He is so incredible in his way of just getting things done. In between work, homework, husband-and-father, and ranch duties, he runs. He ran his first half-marathon and was fabulous…coming in at 1:47... and the course was 60% uphill. His next half-marathon is the end of August, the Top of Utah Half. Every time he runs, I say a prayer of gratitude for his best friend, Ahenobarbus Textor, who showed him that he could run long distances. Thank you, AT. J
6 am, at the starting line: Wildman rubbing shoulders with the "greats"...#216 is the ultra runner who uses half marathons for "warm-ups", and the kid in yellow shorts next to WM is the 14 yr old phenom, he came in second...6 minutes behind the ultra-runner. The girl on the left came in fifth overall, first for the women. Fun stuff!
Below is the quick video I made of the clips from his recent Half. Not edited, just slapped together...it shows the start, then WM as he runs up the last 100 yards toward the finish line...yes...UP. And, yes, I was all crying and stuff. :)
Wildman checking out the finish line, before the race.
Runners milling about before the race...
Below is the quick video I made of the clips from his recent Half. Not edited, just slapped together...it shows the start, then WM as he runs up the last 100 yards toward the finish line...yes...UP. And, yes, I was all crying and stuff. :)
We have also recently gotten a dog. Yep. We now have a 3 year old Golden Retriever. His name is Phoenix, and he is a nut case! He is OCD about playing “fetch” which the kids and I love. He is loaded with energy and is learning to mellow out…and most of the time doing pretty goodl at it. He is my new jogging partner, he keeps my brain occupied, therefore allowing me to run longer without the ADD/boredom factor sneaking in. Sounds weird, I know. But it is nice to have some company as I do my outside work. He is also a water dog, which has been hilarious to watch, and messy. Our stream and pond are fun for him, but it’s the mud puddles that he adores. His exuberance for life is contagious. He LOVES people—often a bit too much…but loves them of all ages. He allows little kids to squish him, and plays fetch with my elderly father-in-law. He is funny in that he doesn’t run like a normal dog, but has this weird kangaroo hop. he is even a bit protective of his new family, a cow threatened to charge at WM the other day, and Phoenix jumped in snapping and growling. He of course got knocked off his feet and rolled around by the cow, but at least he tried...:) He is fun to have around.
I have been giving the kids riding lessons with Rio, the kids are wonderful, and Rio is a trooper. Wildgirl can now mount and dismount ON HER OWN. Yes, she is that tall, and Rio is that short. J They look fantastic together. I’ll get pictures. I had Rio's shoes pulled off a week ago and his hooves trimmed. And ya know what? I think he may be making some progress in his healing. I've ridden him twice now with no adverse soreness detected afterward....let's all keep praying, eh? ;)
Below: my flower garden.. some flowers finally popped up this year. Lovin' it!
My sister, Desertbound, once said to me that the best calling in the church was that of ward choir director. At that point I knew she was crazy. 7 months ago, I was called to be our ward choir director. After the terror began to subside (about 6 months later) I found myself telling the choir that I had the best calling in the church. I really do. The people in the choir are wonderful souls, and I feel privileged just to be with them. The Lord knows what he’s doing, I tell ya what. :)


6 comments:
I love hearing what's in your brain. Its great to hear your voice in your words. Wish we could be there to see the race and your flowers in person. Love you!
I can't wait to meet Phoenix! I'm pretty sure my kids are going to be ALL over him.
And yay for your family!! So many wonderful things! Of course you are wonderful people so that's to be expected ;)
HOLY CRAP, he was running under 6 minute miles for his half. That is INSANE! I can't imagine going that fast. Unbelievable. I couldn't run that fast for a quarter of a mile. Way to GO!!! So glad you loved your training. What a blessing.
OOoops!!! Sorry people, and especially Bri. I posted his time for the 15k, instead of his HALF. I fixed it though. His time was 1:47...meaning he was averaging 8 minute-miles. Sorry for that mix-up! I feel a little sheepish..;)
Aahhhh!.....You've seen the light;) Love you tons, Sis!
I love the awakening/empowering quality of this post. AND thanks for the shout-out. :)
Post a Comment