In the late afternoon, I needed to get some fresh air and stretch my legs, so I hustled everyone who was not napping (Wingnut, and HSF) out the door to brave the mushy roads to see what Lick Wash was like. The roads were worse than I thought. They stressed me out. But Lick Wash was way cool! Difficult to hike in the mud that would only cling to our shoes, but fun anyway.
This canyon is also a horse friendly canyon, but with the recent "geological-time-happening-now" barricade below, I don't think horses would get far. Wildkid and I turned back at this point, he was too wet, cold and cranky to go on, but Wildman, ODD, Wildgirl and Peanut squeezed past the rocks and continued for another 45 minutes or so. It's a beautiful canyon.
We arrived back at the cabin as the snow started to fall--again, notice the white-out in the windows below? Yeah, that would be snow. We spent the rest of the evening reading, playing games, talking...and playing with glow sticks!














No comments:
Post a Comment