Sep 14, 2010

Just finished a new beginning?


I just finished a book called Yoga Beyond Belief by Ganga White. It is a suggested reading /study for my Thai Partner Yoga Training. I actually started it last May, but due to the fact that I would read a bit and have to set it down for awhile to process and digest what I was reading, it took me almost 5 months to read it all the way through. I can now say it was SO worth it. What a refreshing, uplifting, thought-provoking book…not just about Yoga, but Life. And that’s the beauty of the book. The functional principles, practical skills, and realistic attitudes expressed in the book are totally applicable to Life. It encourages (and challenges) the processes of self-discovery that can truly free and deepen not just your practice of Yoga, but of Life in general. I found myself feeling validated in what I have experienced and learned thus far in my many days, but also gently awakened to new levels of perception. I found myself asking some hard questions, and examining my “self” and current beliefs/attitudes from a new light and view. One of my favorite chapters is called “Meditation is Your Life”. He goes on to explain how your entire life is your meditation. Fantastic. It’s about truly living. I began to underline those parts of the book I wanted to really remember and that stuck out to me, and realized about half of it is underlined! I am so glad I own a copy of this book, and will read and re-read it. Thank you, Syl and Bodhi Yoga, for the “suggested” jump-start back into life. Namaste.

6 comments:

Desertbound said...

I'm so glad you are living...truly.
Beautiful photo of a most beautiful you:)

Jaynalee said...

How beautiful! Could you do that for me sometime and let me know how peace feels. Love you lots!

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

I love it when books sing to me like that. Life-affirmation rocks. Thanks for sharing. Do you think a non-yogi would get as much out of it?

WildBound said...

@ Desertbound: aawww...thanks....;)
@ Jaynalee: Love ya back!
@ AT: hhmm...the book gives just enough history that you wouldn't be lost, and I think you'd get a great deal out of it...maybe when he talks about specific asanas (poses) it might get a little "huh?"...but well worth the read. I'd love to learn your take on it...you are certainly no stranger to exercise and life changes...;)

Pulcheria said...

Just reading your thoughts today brought me peace. Thanks! Love ya!

CowboyBob said...

I'd love to sit and learn at your feet. Would you share more of your insights?