May 19, 2010

Great Granola Recipe

For all those who love a good granola. Especially those trail-goers.


Granola Grande

(best granola ever)

Melt together in sauce pan:

2 cubes butter

¾ cup brown sugar

1 cup honey

1 tsp vanilla

Mix in a big stirring bowl:

6 cups rolled oats

1 cup shredded coconut

1 cup finely chopped almonds (I blend them in my blender briefly)

1 cup finely chopped pecans

½ tsp sea salt/Real salt

1-2 T psyllium powder (for all that great fiber!)

1-2 cups rice chex

Pour melted mixture into dry mixture and stir thoroughly. Crumble into sprayed casserole dish(es) and bake at 300 for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly toasted. The longer you bake it, the crunchier it will be. I like mine fairly soft, so between 25-30 minutes.

Experiment to get your preferred texture. The more sugar you add, the stickier it will be. It is fabulous as cereal, or trail food, or with vanilla yogurt…*drool*

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Mmmmmm... granola.

Le Freak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desertbound said...

Yea! I am going to make me some for the trail!

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Oh, for cryin' out loud. Now you're just rubbing it in that I'm stuck in a cubicle all day instead of hitting the trail, munchin' on some of your home-made goodies. Sheesh.

CowboyBob said...

I'd like to try it.

BeautyFul said...

Oh that looks delicious! I might just lick the computer monitor and imagine I am eating some! Love you and miss you too!