Over two months since my last post...
Hmm…
Wildman:
Recent job change, instead of the Front End Manager, he is now the Produce Merchant. Its a good change for him, he needed something new. He starts work at 4am, and comes home in the afternoon. He hauled nearly 10 ton of hay for me this summer, that man seriously loves me. We went backpacking for his Bday, up Blind Hollow. It was a fabulous get away, and we found some truly breath taking wilderness. He is also juggling work and kids when I am away for my Thai Yoga Trainings. He is such a wonderful support and friend.
Wildgirl:
Loving life. She spends a good deal of her time flitting about the "forest" (yard) wearing anything silky and flowy...singing to herself and in her own world. Love it. She is reading Fablehaven, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Harry Potter...she recently finished the Goose Girl, and cried many times. She is so compassionate and loving, and as Wildkid says, she is "growing like Dyers' Woad". She has started piano lessons, and loves it...and is doing really well. She has learned how to care for and take care of the horses and dog and chickens. When I am out of town, I can rest assured that the animals are in good hands. She will often go out to the barn, grab a brush, and go groom the horses and hang out with them. Sound familiar? She is now developing into a real little person, with her own feelings, and opinions, I just love it. She is becoming a close friend, not just a daughter.
Wildkid:
Loves the summer. Fought the allergies for his allotted 4 weeks, and is now doing great.. Loves anything involving a ball or frizbee. Is progressing so fast at the piano! He is so funny! I am continually amazed at his depth of tender feelings. One of his friends from primary class was in an accident this past week, a leg broken in 6 places, and plastic surgery on her face. He saw her for the first time at church, in a wheelchair. He cried for her. He also cried for my character on Fate, a computer game...I retired my character, and WK cried because he's going to miss it. He also cried when he overheard WG and I talking about the book The Goose Girl. I was helping WG process some of the things she was reading, and WK cried to hear parts of the story. I showed him a video on youtube of some Gypsy horses, and he got misty eyed. He has learned a song on the piano called Sad Warrior, and he cries when he plays it (It has no words.) Truly, he got my genes. If I'm having a feeling, it will most likely come out my eyes. On the other hand, he also inherited his father's genes...if he's having a feeling, it may very well come out the other end, too. ;)
Me:
Wow. I have loved having the kids home for these summer days. We have a lot of fun. I had the Parental's horses here for about 10 days, it was fun watching the new herd dynamics. Also, I have aquired another horse for training...my farrier's 2 yr old Morab filly. She's a handful. I have begun my training for Thai Partner Yoga and am loving it. I am learning so much! It's like learning a new language, too. Sanskrit, with a Thai twist. Ask Wildman how he likes receiving a Thai Partner Yoga Session, and he will get a faraway look in his eyes and begin to drool. Its awesome. I can now do the impossible. I can do a Forward Fold, knees straight, and touch my toes. Miracles never cease. I’m still busy with activity days, too.
Us:
We’ve had our Preece Family Reunion, which was awesome, in spite of the stormy cold weather.The family is full of super troopers, and we made the best of it. I loved the “minute to win it” games and the family DVDs the best. We created some great memories hanging out with the family.
Also this summer, we have had a new calf join the herd, this time a little heifer. Black and white, but not curly. ;) We’ve enjoyed watching the flowers bloom, the heat finally kick in, the kids riding their bikes, but not the size and ferocity of the mosquitoes. WM and I got the chance to hike Subway again, with some family and dear friends. We’ve had some wonderful help with babysitting, Grandma P has been fantastic with the kids, not to mention that she is their piano teacher and they adore her. How many kids get to know their Grandparents so well? We are grateful for the opportunity to be where we are and the longer we are here, the less we want to be anywhere else. Below are some pictures of our activities this summer...





.jpg)
.jpg)




.jpg)




.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
5 comments:
Awesome. I'm so glad to have shared some of those memories with you and I am looking forward to many more:) Love you!
Love it....
Big sigh.........
Good times, indeed.
Awesome! So glad to see the picture of Wildkid in the volleyball game we heard so much about! Love you tons! Miss you already.
Post a Comment