The morning of Day 5, our last, was clear, bright, and bitter cold. We decided, since the dirt-mud roads were frozen, to try to get to the top of the Pinks one last time before we had to pack up and leave. We bundled the kids up and hopped into the suv.
Below: the road to the Pinks...dusted with snow...
Below: overlooking Deer Springs Ranch, and more...
Below: First close view of the Pinks...
Below: No Problem!
Below: Hhmm...what's just over that hill?
Below: Tada! The Pinks! It was breathtaking! And 18 degrees!
Below: On our way back down the mountain...
.jpg)
WM, up to his elbows in manzanita...
On the way home, we decided to pull out the swim gear and visit the Meadow Hot Spring, to which WM has been, but not me or the kids. Its way out in the middle of nowhere...
But oh, so worth it! It was about 38 degrees outside, and the water couldn't have been better!
Below: And back home... we decided to grill the turkey which we bought (and WM butchered) at the Ranch. It was truly melt-in-your-mouth yummy. I just made the last of it into some great Turkey-Veggie soup.
We had a wonderful trip, seeing new country, meeting new people, and strengthening our little family's bonds. Can hardly wait for next time!
3 comments:
Breathtaking, indeed. Awesome. What a great adventure! I'm glad you were finally introduced to Meadow HS. It's quite the jewel. Glad you had such a memorable time.
You bring back fond memories: the first time I saw Bryce was after a fresh snowfall at sunset, with temps near zero. Thanks for the memories.
Wow! Thanks for sharing such great photos and memories. BTW - manzanita is a 4 letter word to the Rock and I (story later).
Meadow Hot Springs is a lot bigger than I thought. I am going to have to go there soon...Sigh:)
Post a Comment