Aug 17, 2009

Horse Camping 2009: West Slope of the Uintas

There are too many pictures to post here. I am going to be making a DVD of this 4 day adventure. Ya'll can watch that if you feel so inclined...I will simply say that I had a FABULOUS time, and am so grateful for my parents going to the time, trouble, and expense to take me and Rio with them, and to J&T for watching the kidlets. Love. I will, however, leave you with this little ditty I came up with on our final trail...to the tune of "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music.....



HORSE CAMPING
Raindrops on tent roofs and whiskers on hubbies,
Smelling like camp smoke and looking all grubby,
Cleaning up poop from our three cute horsies...
These are a few of my camp memories;

Riding thru forests of aspen and pines,
Trying to make some sense of the trail signs,
Searching the map to find the finest lakes...
How many more rocks can my poor horse take?!

When the kids fight
When the phone rings,
When I'm feeling mad...
I think of a few of my camp memories,
And then I don't feeeeeeeel so BAD!

Running thru meadows and jumping big logs
Trotting thru flowers and sinking in bogs,
Watching my dad and Shrek cross-country-ing;
Wondering if we'll be struck by lightning?!

Staying awake all night reading a book,
Grateful my parents are willing to cook,
Drinking hot cocoa on mornings so cold...
Wondering why I feel so freaking old?!

When the dog barks,
When the ward calls,
When crap hits the fan...
I think of a few of my camp memories,
And want to kidnaaaaap WILDMAN!



(pictures by Dreampacker)

5 comments:

Marzipan said...

I LOVE your song!!!! Glad you had a fun camping trip with the horses!!

DreamPacker said...

It was an amazing trip. Thanks for all.

Desertbound said...

HaaaaHaha! LOL! Don't know if you meant or wanted to get a chuckle out of anyone for that little ditty, but it sure made me smile! Love it! Gotta work that one into a little somethin'- somethin' for the reunion next year...:)

CowboyBob said...

It would not have been as much fun without you there. Thanks for coming along.

little t said...

Thanks for sharing your "kidlets" with me.
We all need a little time alone to just ... BE.
T.