The harvest. Canning Season. Whatever you want to call it...it has started! So has school! The kids started school this week. I can hardly believe it. Stargirl in 3rd Grade and Wildkid in 1st grade. They both love it and I am loving the time to "myself". What do I do, you ask? Well, its freaking "canning" season!
Below: Only 2 of the 4 gallons of MRR blackberries we froze.

Below: 4 coolers of MRR Red Haven peaches.

We ended up freezing about 60-ish
quarts of peaches.

Below: Only the beginning of the apples...these I'm told, are macintosh, from the neighbors. Tons more. I'll probably juice these, and make apple pie filling as well...MRR grapes next week....ah!

First Day of School!
I took this before I realized Wildkid hadn't let me comb his hair yet.
3 comments:
I'm glad you are taking advantage of the MRR harvest. It makes one feel all the spring and summer work was not in vain. I love the flavor of Macintosh apples above all others. A little tart. But, 3rd and 1st grade??? . . . ssheeeesshhhh!
Wow - 3rd and 1st. I can hardly believe it! They look so grownup and are so freakin' adorable!! And look at all that work you are getting done. I'm impressed!
Nice use of your "me-time"! My mouth watereth.
No way are they old enough for 3rd & 1st grades. There has been a mistake in the paperwork. You ought to look into that.
Post a Comment