Mar 4, 2009

Wildkid!

Here's the birthday boy, as cute and yummy as ever. I so love the freckles. He woke up at 5:30am on his birthday, and came in my room, tapped me on the face and said
"Mom."
"what", I replied.
"It's my birthday!"
"Happy Birthday", I said.
Then he walked out and shut the door. He has been so excited for his birthday, starting the countdown back in January. We had a fun day, went bowling (both kids beat my score of 65), and ate out. Among other presents, he got a lava lamp. Strangely, Stargirl woke up before Wildkid this morning. When I questioned Wildkid as to why he slept in (he usually wakes up around 5am), he said he watched his lava lamp all night, because it was so pretty. HA! We sure love this little guy.



Below, you will see Wildkid's abstract art. He did this on Microsoft Paint. He calls it "Tigeress". I thought it was pretty darn cool.
Also, here's my other boy. The weather was spectacular yesterday, sunny and 60 degrees. (When Wildkid got off the bus yesterday, he said, "something smells.....oh. It's spring. It smells like spring.") So, I got the horse out, brushed out his winter braids, and worked with him a bit. He was sure full of himself. While lunging, he was startled, and leaped in the air, kicking out with both hind legs...executing a perfect capriole, then did another, just because he could. Show off. Rio's spanish heritage was quite evident..;)


6 comments:

Marzipan said...

Happy Birthday Wildkid!

CowboyBob said...

Give my birthday best wishes to Wildkid, please. Constant change (lava lamps) really can be intriguing. What an artist! I can't do that. And Rio looks like he's put on weight over the winter. He needed it.

Sayyadina said...

Happy Birthday to the Wildkid! We loved visiting you all the other day. And it's now evident to me that you and I should join a bowling team aimed at building children's self-esteem. "Hey mom, I can beat both those women put together!"
We're awesome.

Pulcheria said...

Happy Birthday Wildkid! It sounds like a fabulous day. Love you!

Desertbound said...

Wow! What a fun day. Happy B-day, Wildkid!

Bethany said...

Love you Wildkid. Happy Birthday!