Mar 30, 2009

Since the last time I posted...

My little jaunt to Grand Junction and Moab was great fun. I got to see Grand Junction up close and personal, me-likey. Got to spend some time with Tristano and Nicoletta, and their two cute girlies. Got to munch on little Megahertz. Got some good quality time with my mom. Got to visit Colorado National Monument... apparently, don't ever go there when feeling down....the rangers are trained to detect certain suicidal behaviors. (?) Got to hike the Fiery Furnace again...love. Though, there was something missing...yes, my husband...but something else. Oh...it was Pulcheria, Ahenobarbus and the girls. They were with us on the last Fiery Furnace adventure...the desert is just different without them. It was fun making sure Dreampacker remembered all the turn offs, and watching the kidlets do the hike all by themselves! They were so good at all the bouldering, scrambling, stemming, and climbing! They LOVED it. It was a great get-away-trip, though I was happy to come home to my Wildman.

Little Megahertz
Me, In the Colorado Ntl. Monument

The Coke Ovens, C.N.M.

My first yahtzee EVER. Beautiful.

Me, holding little Megahertz...

The kidlets, overlooking Grand Junction from the CNM.

Wildkid and Me in the Fiery Furnace

The kidlets, atop the "Treasure Mountain"

The hill was covered in these...

8 comments:

Marzipan said...

I'm so jealous! What a fun trip! And the "um uh" comment on my blog...well I must have really butchered it eh?

Muad'Dib said...

I take it this is why your hubby is hiking with me?

Canyonsrcool said...

me-likey all.

**Sheena** said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Desertbound said...

Sigh...nothing like Fiery Furnace vicariousness. Next time for sure. I guess me and my clan will just keep checking off a couple arches at a time. Last year - Delicate & the Windows. This year - Landscape & Pine tree arch. So glad you, Mom and the kidlets had some desert time!

Pulcheria said...

What an awesome trip for all of you. I'm glad you got to teach your mom all of the turns. We miss you too. And someday we'll be back in the summer months to get some red rock time in together! Beemer was talking about going camping with your kids just last week. =)

Paul and Carma Bartschi said...

You have a cute sense of humor. And how do you stay so flippin skinny? I'm jealous :)

Carma

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

No fair making me tear-up at work. Had to play the old "allergies" card. Sounds and looks like an incredible time. Nice.

My love to you and yours.