Oct 1, 2008

Giddy-up, RAWHIDE!


I just had a lot of fun rounding up the cattle for Danny A. to come and load up the bovines. Rio had never chased cows before, he was great. Once I got the hang of it, and realized how to keep the cows from hiding in the bushes, it was all good. My shy, timid pony, out pushing around cattle twice his weight and size. What a good boy. Seriously, one of the funner things to do on this planet. Aaahhh....

7 comments:

Sayyadina said...

you're a silly little cowgirl. And I love you!

Bethany said...

Ahh yes. The only time I did a cattle round up was at the base of the Vermillion Cliffs with Matt Rich and a few others. Totally fun. Now I am jealous again. You must stop.

WildBound said...

@bethany
Yes, and now you know how to do that cool round-up whistle. I'm jealous.

Desertbound said...

There's a cool round-up whistle? Do I need it for my kids?

CowboyBob said...

My dad could do the whistle. It was our universal signal to come home when out roaming the neighborhood. I never got the hang of it.

Alisha said...

I LOVE cows! That just sounds so fun to me! Teaching piano seems very blasé now! :)

Bethany said...

My children also know it as the signal to come home. My husband, on the other hand, chooses to ignore my round up whistle when he is out playing in the neighborhood.