Aug 27, 2008

Wildkid

His first day of kindergarten! He was so excited (and scared)! At the bus stop this morning, I asked him if he was a little scared to get on the bus. He began blinking rapidly (trying to keep the tears from falling) and said he was scared. Stargirl then piped up with her version of a pep talk, telling him how she would hold his hand and take him right to his class. He bravely got on the bus with her and began his first day of school. After school, when he got off the bus and I asked him how his day was, he was all smiles! He loved his first day! He has an amazing teacher. He talked about how they played on the playground, and then Ms. Larkin blew the whistle (a real whistle, it was silver) twice to tell them to come in. He even got a bloody nose on the playground from bonking his nose on a stair. He loved the eating snacks part. He loved the story his teacher read to the class, called The Kissing Hand...about a little raccoon and his first day of school, in a tree! He was disappointed to find out he didn't go back to school after lunch. He is already talking about tomorrow, and how fun it will be. I sure love my little boy!

Below: At the bus stop...bye mom!

6 comments:

Wildman said...

I think I am starting to grow up. Along with my son that is.

Bri!!! said...

What a cute little munchkin. Wow, both your babies are in school now. That is so crazy.

Sayyadina said...

*tear. Sniffle. Gasp.*

I think I need a minute.

I can only hope that Bairdo's first day goes as well!

CowboyBob said...

How often do the things about which we feel anxiety, turn into joy? It is a pretty neat sister who will take one by the hand and protect and guide instead of jear and tease.

Pulcheria said...

You have such awesome kids. I'm glad his first day went so well! The Kissing Hand is a great book!

Desertbound said...

Aaahhh!How can we let them go so easily! They're so precious. Good thing I wasn't there. I Would've been a bigger bawl baby than I am right now. Sniff. Sigh.