Here are some photos and videos of what I've been up to with the horses. I have only had two "refresher" sessions with Shrek, and though he is far from being a polished show horse, he is trying hard and really fun to watch. On our last ride, I thought I'd see how he handled some "jumps" (logs and barrels) and he still really loves jumping. Maybe I'll enter us in a jumping class at the show. Maybe. Neither one of us has any experience jumping. We just kinda wing it. But it's so much fun...maybe we'll do it a little more! If anyone wants to come cheer us on at the show, its August 22-23 at the Weber County Fairgrounds. Wildman will be the announcer for the show. Fun stuff.
Above: Shrek's beautiful trot.Above: Jumping a log...
Above: His first jump over the barrels...he made sure he got over it. So fun! He just loves to jump.
Above: In this pic, he's doing the corto. Very smooth and comfortable. No trotting here, he is all smoothness and fun!
Below is a quick video of Rio doing the "corto". Notice how much I don't bounce around. The speed is equivalent to a trot. I've been working on getting him to relax, so this is a slow corto...he can go much faster. This is also before he got his shoes on, so his hooves are a bit long. He's even smoother now with his shoes.


7 comments:
You look beautiful! And like you are having so much fun.
Nice pics, Bob!
I think I have a crush on Rio, too.
You've surely got a good photographer on those jumping pictures. Nice gaits.
Wow- great pics and you look fantastic! It's greta to hear you are feeling so good while/after riding!
I have a crush on Rio, too! I wonder if there is any way to "clone" him. Hmmmm. I'll just have to find one similar to him.
Few things are as inspiring as a person pursuing her passions. Such a person are you.
I watched an episode of Nature (Horse and Rider), recently, that showed three schools of horse-training/competition and thought of you. The show did a great job of highlighting the human-horse connection that you also demonstrate.
Beautiful. Glad you are having so much fun!
Yes, that is my wife with the crushed hips riding a horse over logs and barrels at a full gallop.
Someone recently asked, Are you scared when she rides horses?
No, and I never have been. The colorful quote from the horse movie was strictly for hollywood effect. I am simply inspired to follow my dreams and passions so completely.
Post a Comment