We just returned from our 3-day horse-camping trip in the Uintas. The photo below I stole from Google Earth, I don't know who snapped this beauty. It is a picture of Hayden Peak from Bonny Lake. We spent quite a bit of time at Bonny Lake....as you can see, it was gorgeous. The little jut of land in the middle of the photo is where we had lunch, twice. The kids played on the log jam. The lily pads were in full bloom.
Below: Bonny LakeBelow: Walking the kids around the campground...
I got to see a side of the Uintas I had never seen before. The scenery at Bonny Lake, Scudder Lake, and Naturalist Basin was simply "eye-candy". Enjoying it from horseback made it all that much sweeter for me. Wildman made a solo-ascent of the infamous Bald Mountain and said he could see 42 lakes. Forty-two. JT & Little T and offspring joined us for a short horse ride to Bonny Lake. The kids all rode the horses, and the adults walked the mile long trail. Stargirl's favorite thing about the trip was playing with Pocahontas.
Wildkid had a blast playing with Sir Parker, a BOY. As for the horses, I was so proud of little Rio. He is a definate go-getter and all business on the trail. He crossed rivers, marshes, rock fields, giant steps, bridges, and lakes....and would probably fly to the moon so as not to be left behind. I rode him for 3 hours over torturous rocky trails before my hip started to hurt. At the end of our 14-mile ride to Naturalist Basin, I don't know who was more tired, him, or me. He was a total trooper. Wildman was incredible in his ability to take care of everything while I had my hands full of horses. They just don't come any better than he.
Now the kids start school next week. Time to buckle down and get back to a routine...? Of corse, the last "major" event for my summer is the RMMHC Horse Show next weekend. Then, maybe, things will settle down...
Thanks for the photos, Mom!
3 comments:
Hey nice blog. I see you are a horse lover. I'm just finishing a funny post about horses. It's called "The Shoecake Game" and I'll drop it on the Kangaroo Rodeo late tonight. Check it out.
Hope to chat with you soon...
M-
I'M SO JEALOUS! What a fun trip. So beautiful. You do have a great guy, and the best part of all is he ADORES YOU!
Looks like a ton of fun. Nothing like living the dream. But, let's talk about me now...
Post a Comment