Meet Rio. He is my new horse. My neighbor/friend rescued him from an auction situation and has had him for a few months, with no time/skills to work with him. I put a week of training into him a couple months ago, and fell in love with him. He is so sweet and incredibly intelligent. He learns as fast as Shrek (which is really fast) and is a "humble" horse, meaning he is the bottom of the pecking order. All the other horses beat him up and wouldn't let him eat, so he was offered to me...for a price I couldn't refuse. He is a purebred Paso Fino, small (14 hands), and 7 years old. He is gaited, and his canter is smooth as silk. I have ridden him on trail rides and he is awesome, has not stumbled yet, even through the rivers. He is easy on my old injured hips, and pretty cute, too. I will be taking him to the Uintas in a couple weeks, we'll see how he does. Wayfarer is now 21years old and has arthritis enough so that big trail rides are becoming very difficult for him. He may soon be retired to "kids/lesson horse". I can hardly believe I have a new horse...it hasn't really sunk in yet! Is my amazing husband so patient with me or what?!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
9 comments:
You have a horse!!!! Yea!!!!! I can only imagine how happy you are! Congrats! I can't wait to see him...I think we're coming up this Sunday night!!
Looks like a doll. I am happy for you.
Don't forget who scored your first horse for you. :)
He is a cutie! Congrats!
From the pictures he doesn't look skinny to me. You sure he needs fattening? Congratulations.
Pretty! And a break away from your traditional looks/breeds. yay!
He is incredibly beautiful! YAY for you and your husband. I'm sure it doesn't take all that much patience to watch you come alive the way you do with a horse. Can't wait to meet him! (the horse, not your husband:)
Yea! Rio! He's beautiful.
Hey Aunt Teisha,
Your new horse ... looks just like my horse, Butterscotch. Please, oh, please ... can I ride Rio? I am SO JEALOUS. You are so lucky to live on a ranch with open fields, fresh vegetables, lots of grass, a stream, animals and now... HORSES! You and Hannah Montana have got the life! I love you! Emily
It will be delightful to associate a HAPPY horse story with you now! Rio is darling and looks as though he just fell out of the pages of a children's storybook. So cute. Can we pin little baby-blue bows in those long blonde curls? Enjoy! Little T.
Post a Comment