Finishing up the Foot Zone Training Manual. It has taken countless hours, but is about 4 hours from being finished. I offered to train K’s (the instructor and my neighbor) 3 yr old fox trotter filly in exchange for the classes. Then she found out I could and would redo/update her training materials, also in exchange for the classes. I’m tired of spending my summer on a computer. I am almost done!
Speaking of horse training, I have been working with Mystery, K’s filly, now for about a month. She is coming along really well, and the experience has been great for me in rebuilding some of my “crushed” confidence from my accident. I have a very different approach now to training. I am much more patient and can do things in baby steps if I need to. I can now see how so many horse owners (including my past self) lack so much patience, and their horses reflect that. In fact, horses seem to reflect back to us our own issues. Wonderful mirrors and teachers. A person can learn a lot about themselves through their horses. I know I have.
(Mystery, the Foxtrotter I'm training)I had my hair cut/layered by my sister-in-law, HSF, a few weeks ago and I love it. Thank you HSF! It takes all of 7 minutes to curl it (once it’s dry).
Wildman has graduated, and that means he has time to just hang out now. It is so nice having him back. He has built me a tack room and corral out at the barn, which currently houses the filly I’m training, but may soon hold a horse of my own. Wildman is amazing in his support of my passions. I am frequently overwhelmed by his love and service. I have learned so much from his example.

The kids are growing like weeds. I feel like a mother bird, constantly trying to feed her squawking-hungry offspring. Both kids are excited to start school again…I’m not sure how I feel about that. I’ve been enjoying the freedom of no school schedule.
I have a “student” for riding lessons. We really just trade services, I teach her how to ride/train her horses, and she babysits my kids whenever I need it. She is pretty excited to possibly show Wayfarer in the upcoming RMMHC Show in Ogden in August. We’ll see…
Speaking of horse shows…I will hopefully be showing Shrek in the hunter and halter classes in the RMMHC Show. I have and will be working towards getting him and me ready for the show…but I have yet to get an English saddle, the one I want is out of stock until Aug 27, a few days after the show. Maybe I can borrow one from Cousin Jodi? We’ll see…
Last weekend we made an impromptu camping trip to “the Sinks”. We ended up—after visiting Tony grove with its riotous wildflowers, and Bear Lake with its cool waters—camping in the Cache National Forest up near Peter Sink. It was a lot of fun, super quiet (once the neighbors down the road fell asleep) and nearly bugless. We love our SUV.


The summer here at the Little Dew Ranch has been busy and good. I love the relatively cooler temps here, the night temps are awesome, the mornings are gorgeous—especially for horse riding. There are so many fun flowers to photograph. I love watching and using my little herb garden, recently added to its soils was a lavender plant, and a chocolate mint plant. Yea! The garden is producing like crazy, The peas were done, and Kathy has planted more. The spinach as well. Right now, the zucchinis, summer squash, cucumbers, onions, beets, chard, pie cherries, and now green beans are in full swing. I love summer. This is such a beautiful place to be, I am grateful for the opportunity. I am really loving Cache Valley, too. It feels like home now.
Next week, Wildman and I are going to see Into The Woods. Super fun!
3 comments:
It sounds like life is good, and you are taking full advantage of your summer. Glad to hear it! Can't wait to see you all.
Being so busy just means you have more to post. You must post more often little chica. Looks like a great summer in Cache Valley.
Love that picture of your kids in the water!
Post a Comment