
(Below: Playing with Shrek)

(Below: Shrek's canter...pretty fun!)

Thursday the 28th, I took my final exam for my Foot Zone Therapy class—and not only did I pass, but I actually got the highest in the class—and the third highest score ever! Wahoo! We had to get 300 points to pass, and I got 607. I am now certified! Thanks to Wildman, who gave up his own study time to quiz and drill me on everything. On Test-day, he could have taken the test and passed because of all the help he gave me studying. He has been so incredibly supportive through the last 6 months…I am often amazed at the depth of his love and support of me. I feel so humbled and grateful for my amazing husband. I love him so much. Another wonderful help through this has been my mother-in-law, K. She has spent countless hours watching my kids so I could go to class. She even lets me practice on her feet! Thank you!!!
(Below: My class and instructor--minus S, who is pictured below)


Wildman is still plugging away at school, with big senior projects ahead and graduation looming (middle of July). He won’t be able to make it to Lake Powell with us and we will miss him sorely (and we are still going). He is increasingly busy with EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). My Zoning Instructor keeps referring people to him. He has 6 appointments next week, all different people.
(Below: Wildman teaching a client to bow-drill/ bust an ember)

The kids. Woah. They never stop growing. They have even outgrown their old names, and have “become” something new. Pocketmouse is now, officially a Stargirl (as evidenced by the picture of her in the tree. Yeah...) and will now be known by Stargirl. She has finished school and is now on summer break. NAM is so excited to have her home a lot. Speaking of NAM, he will now be known as Wildkid, though he still is a maker of many natural arches (even off the neighbor’s bridge). He is definitely a wonderful kid! He LOVES music. He knows how to get on the computer and pull up all the music and find his play-list and play his favorite songs…. overandoverandoverandover…. I love my kids so much. They make me laugh everyday. I love hearing them pray. I wish I had a tape recorder so I could playback their prayers to them when they are older.
(Above: Stargirl)
I have a new student (for horse riding lessons). She is as horse crazy as a girl can get. And in need of some serious horse education. She will be working for me to earn her horse lessons, so in a way, I have a little maid/indentured servant. Hopefully I can keep her busy! I am also currently training my neighbor’s 3 yr old fox trotter filly. It’s good to be working with horses again. I have finally come to accept that horses really are a part of me, and trying to live without them is like trying to live without food. They’re in my blood, for better or worse…and I’ve had both. I am still working on getting into better shape, I have made a lot of improvement, with a lot of work still to go. I can only jog about a third of the driveway. I’m working on it. Life is good, and it’s my favorite month of the year (well, September, is my favorite too). Everything is blooming like never before, and the shaggy horses and dogs are finally shedding their “long, hard winter” coats (name the movie, it’s a classic). Anyway, it’s wonderful to finally be having warmer weather and spending time outside. Not to mention, summer break!!! Yea!
Above: Some Wooly Thyme in my herb garden. Isn't it cute?

10 comments:
So glad things are so good. I miss you and I love you!
Happy anniversary! Such amazing progress!
Super congratulations on your Zoning certificate. 607 out of 300?? Can I call you "Hermione?" (and yes, I wish I were half as supportive as Wildman. I'm afraid I make Pulcheria support me more than is reciprocated.) I guess Wildman and I will both be absent from the great Colorado River Impoundment
I'm glad you've come to terms with the horse-life thing. The awesome part about your equine-attachment is that you are the obvious master of your lifestyle.
In some ways it's hard to believe 2 years have gone by. I enjoyed being part of the commemorative ride. Congrats on the zoning thing! I knew you would do REALLY well. You have a real talent for that. WOW. And...I took Shrek on a solo ride over by the orchard and Ben Lomond trails. He did great. No problems and didn't even take or need the quirt. You did a great job in training him.
You sound SOOO busy!! With horses, dogs, kids, servants (jealous), and certifying...how great though! And I love the new names for the kiddos.
Have a super day!
Wow! go Preece's!
Movie name: The Hallelujia Trail. It brings joy to know one's offspring are doing so well. Thanks.
I love this post. Very cool all of it. Congrats on your 2 year, and I love how you said horses are a part of you. They are truly the most incredible animals, and I love that you have gotten back into it after such a traumatic experience. What a time of healing. This is such an incredible lesson to your kids in overcoming. Amazing. Anyway, congrats on all the blessings of your life.
Take care,
Bri
ahhh shucks...
Horses, Husbands, Healing!
All wonderful things.
I love it! Indentured servant...Ha! The girl doesn't have money so she finds other ways to get what she wants, in this case using her human life value in an exchange. Both are wealthier! yeah, you!
Post a Comment