May 19, 2008

My Little Boy

Well, we woke up this morning to NAM with little spots. He now has "the plague" (chicken pox). So far, he only has a few, quite mild and he's doing fine. The pics below are from last week...just a quick photo shoot inspired by those super cute freckles on his nose. Looks like we will all be healthy and ready for the Lake Powell Expedition in 4 weeks. Wahoo!

And, get a load of this:
Sunday morning, I'm in the bathroom doing my hair and getting ready for church. NAM comes in, still sleepy-eyed, sits on the toilet, looks at me and smiles. He says, "Mom, I love you."
I'm wondering what inspired this outburst of affection, so I ask, "Why do you love me?" Without hesitation, he replies, "Because you're so pretty." That makes a mom's day, I tell ya. :)





7 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

What an amazing kid. I remember my bout of the plague. Itchiness. Glad they're not bad, so far.

Pulcheria said...

What an adorable kid - of course we all knew that! Hope he's back to normal soon, glad its not a bad case!

Desertbound said...

Darn smart boy! Hope he feels better soon.

Sayyadina said...

If only I could get my little monkey to pose like that. You certain have the cutest little easter boy ever! Hopefully we'll be plague free, too. Let's all pray.

Desertbound said...

Glad some one else is as excited as I am for Big Brown to blow them away in the Belmont! Love your Daisy paths :)

Bri!!! said...

That is so flippen cute he said that.

Bethany said...

I guess he's OK. I mean really.