Jun 14, 2008

adventurous

Stargirl woke up the other morning very upset. She said she had just had a dream that there was a volcano outside and it was "interrupting." Yes, that would be frightening.

Just now, at bedtime, Wildkid said to me:
"Mom, I know why we have noses."
"Oh, why?" I ask.
"Because our noses need to hook our eyes together."
"....uh-huh...."
Stargirl pipes up with, "AND, we need to be able to smell things."
I'm thinking: but breathing is optional. As long as our eyes are hooked together, we got it made. Sweet.

Well, off we go! We are headed to Lake Powell (Monday) for a whole week! I will post pics and everything when we return (of course). So, here goes the adventure! See you on the other side!


"Just around the river bend....."

4 comments:

Deena said...

I've always wondered about this thing poking out of my face. :)

Have fun next week! I'm so jealous.

Canyonsrcool said...

Wish we could be there with you guys! Have fun!

Pulcheria said...

Have an awesome trip! And tell Wildkid that we appreciated the anatomy lesson. When I read the post outloud to her, Beemer added "and so we can sneeze."

CowboyBob said...

I love the creativity in kids' thinking.