Apr 4, 2008

Sassy....

Yesterday morning, look what we found in the tree! I didn't know racoons hissed. This little monster was hissing like a cat. The dog was barking at it, and it wasn't happy to be stuck so high and in plain sight. It eventually slid down and made a run for it, with the dog hot on its heels. It eventually got away. Crazy wildlife.


Also, yesterday, Wildman and I, after many months of research and deliberation, came home with a 2005 Honda CR-V. We love it. It is the right size for our family, and of course has all the SUV capabilities. It's also black, kinda sassy. After seven years and 125,000 miles, our Chevy Malibu was finally falling apart faster than we wanted to fix it. Its nice to have a more reliable vehicle now. Wildman is like a kid at Christmas time. The kids love it too, NAM thinks the wiper in the rear window is the coolest thing...while Pocketmouse is quite fond of the sunroof. Personally, I find it mush easier to get in and out of, with my old injuries. We even got a bonus...we found two CD's left in the 6 CD changer from what we assume was the previous owner. The dealership apparently never checked the CD player. One of the CD's is Josh Groban's newest. HAH! Fun stuff!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a deal! It is so cute! Where did you find it? We're going to be buying another car when we move so I'm trying to do a little research beforehand so we know what we're looking for. Yay for a new car!

Bethany said...

Gotta love the Hondas. Fun.

Desertbound said...

Yea for you!

Pulcheria said...

Awesome! I am so excited for all of you (including the racoon that got away)!

CowboyBob said...

I feel sorry for your dog if he corners that raccoon on the ground somewhere. He (the dog) will not escape unscathed. Five Hondas in the family now. Does that mean anything? Should we offer ourselves for ads to Honda? Probably just good taste. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours.

Sayyadina said...

It must be the angel's way of rewarding you for your much research and regular search. Free CD's are always great. But coming with a car: that's fortuosity.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Well deserved, you guys. You've worked hard for it. So, gonna take a church-history road-trip? Nauvoo is only 3 hrs away from us, you know. Gotta test the long-haul capabilities of your new wheels!

Marzipan said...

You bought a SUV!!! I'm so jealous! Congrats...