Apr 9, 2008

Oh, The Places We'll GO!

Yes, we are so excited….tomorrow morning we are headed on vacation for “spring” (still-winter)break…Pocketmouse is out of school until next Tuesday…so Wildman took off work until next Tuesday …so… we’re off to great places, we’re off and away! We are headed to St. George first, where Wildman has a client for whom he will prune trees, essentially paying for our entire trip. We’ll probably camp in Snow Canyon that night. After that…who knows? We want to see some new country, as well as revisit the old...We’d like to hit Lake Powell, and head to Canyonlands via Monument Valley and Natural Bridges Ntl. Monument. In Canyonlands, we hope to hit the Great Gallery, and then maybe Little Wildhorse? We’ll see. I’d love to do the Fiery Furnace again, and Corona Arch with the kids. We’ll have five days to cram it all in. Aaahh…..the weather forecast is as follows… can't get any better than this!




To quote Wildman, “I am as excited to pack the Honda as I am to go on vacation!” Yes, it’s our new Honda’s maiden voyage, with us anyway. And, since we awoke this morning to this:


I decided to take the Honda up Blacksmith Fork Canyon and see how it handles on slicky, winding roads. Below:


Wildman isn’t the only one enjoying the SUV…Something about… “when you turn your car on, does it return the favor?” Hehehehe...
So, we'll be out of town until Monday night...see y'all on the other side!

5 comments:

DreamPacker said...

Sounds wonderful! Keep in mind that the drive from Page through Monument Valley, Natural Bridges is a LOOONG one. I recommend going up 261 after Mexican hat and taking the Moki Dugway. It is spectacular and so is that entire drive up 261.

Pulcheria said...

Have a fantastic time! Wish we were going too. Soak up some desert sun for us.

Wildman said...

So, slicky roads, snowing, AND she could still drive, photograph, and who knows what else.

I love that car. It's been a nice peace of mind...

See ya

CowboyBob said...

If you can get to the Moki Dugway (the classiest road in Utah), I hope you take the opportunity to go across the ridge to see the Goosenecks of the San Juan.

Wildman said...

Funny that after 5 days and hundreds of miles, we got out of the car in Nibley to warmer weather than at any time all week. The picture of snow on the grass also happened again today.

I feel like Groundhogs Day is looking for a sequel.