Feb 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

In defiance of the fact that it's still winter, and Utah just experienced one of the worst blizzards yet...we decided to go swimming for Valentine's Day. Okay, more like soaking...Crystal Hot Springs was absolutely delightful as the temperatures plummeted. My wet hair actually froze while we soaked in the steaming pools. It makes winter a little more bearable, being able to be outside and be toasty warm.

Below: Pocketmouse, delighted she can actually touch the bottom now. That opens up a whole new world...

Below: N.A.M. So yummy.

Okay. This is me. I thought this shot that Wildman took while I was trying to fix my ponytail was pretty cool.

And, to top it all off, we found Macey the PERFECT home. A lady in Tooele has huskies/malamutes and wanted another one, preferably a wolf hybrid (which is what Macey is). We ended up selling Macey to her, to a home where she can be loved and pampered, and be a house dog, AND be used for sledding with the other dogs! Perfect for Macey. We are happy for her. We'll miss her cute face and wagging tail, but know she is in the best situation for her.

And, Pocketmouse lost her second tooth last night. Wildman popped it out for her...it didn't take much, it was dangling around in her mouth. The toothfairy didn't make a stop last night tho, because she got delayed...out on a date with her husband. Those are pocketmouse's words.

Yesterday, I explained to NAM that Valentine's Day is a day we celebrate those we love. So, if you want to get something for, do something for, or with those you love, this day we celebrate that. Later, as we were out grocery shopping, I was looking through the cosmetics, looking for some lip gloss. I picked one out, and NAM said, "Mom, are you valentines-ing yourself?"
I laughed pretty hard. I suppose I am!

10 comments:

Muad'Dib said...

HA!

CowboyBob said...

Looks like a beautiful experience in more ways than one. Love the pictures.

Desertbound said...

Ooooh! Steamy photos!

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Valentines-ing. Cute.

Great shots! Looks like the springs weren't too crowded. Perfect. Lucky you guys!

Wildman said...

hehehe

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Maybe we'll get a chance to hit some springs some time March 14-20.

CowboyBob said...

Dreampacker and I followed your example and went back the other night. It was amusing watching the teens and young people flirting in the pool. Ahhh, the memories of youth.

TheRock said...

Good pics, nice silhouette.

Pulcheria said...

What a great way to spend the day! It sounds like a good Valentine's all the way around this year.

BeautyFul said...

Wow... What a shot! No wonder Wildman said what he did!