Dec 12, 2007

Still kickin'....

Crazy busy! Last week was my Christmas Concert(s), and they were so fun! Thanks to all of you who could make it. Today is Wildman's big-hairy final that he has to drive to SLC for. We'll be so glad when that is over! Then maybe we can take it easy and enjoy the month. I say we, because his stress is my stress. That's just how it works. Last night, we went to the King's Singers Christmas concert at the Ellen Eccles Theatre. It was so awesome! So refreshing. It was all completely a capella, they didn't even use microphones...which means there was no distortion of their voices. Clean and simple and amazingly perfect. Before the concert, I about had a nervous breakdown as we towed our dead car to the repair shop. Wildman was in the car while I drove the truck and pulled the dead car all the way through town and rush hour traffic, and a horrific accident to get it to the shop before it closed for the day. Bleh. Anyway, below is a quick movie of our Antelope Island Ride, back in November. "Dedicated" to Nicoletta and her love of horses! Isn't she brave, riding Wayfarer, affectionately known as Bone-crusher? ;) And sorry for the shaky footage...it was filmed entirely from the back of a horse, sometimes a galloping horse...

5 comments:

Canyonsrcool said...

Cool movie! Nicole just showed me a wound she still has on her ankle from the ride.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Wow. That's an information-packed post! I hope WM's final went splendidly; I'm very jealous about the King's Singers; I'm very, very disappointed that your concert was not just a tad bit later in the month; what's wrong with that car of yours, now?

Fun movie. Looks like good times were had.

DreamPacker said...

great movie. thanks for getting some footage for memory sake. What a fun ride. Sorry for Nicole's wound, though.

Pulcheria said...

Sorry to miss the concert when I am so close - but I am so happy you got the chance to sing this year. I also understand the stress of WM's finals - AT's stress affects me across the country. I'll be so happy when he is done and happier when he is here! I've heard the concert was amazing. Maybe we'll be able to join next time...

MJ - Marv Jr said...

Sorry to hear about the Car that always sucks. One more expense during this expensive time of year you do not expect.

I never have heard of the King Singers, but I love a capella and would of enjoyed that concert as well.