Yesterday I rode a paso fino for the first time. So much fun! I rode for nearly two hours and didn't get sore (in my hips) at all. I rode a little black, 5 yr old mare that was about 14 hands tall...barely. She was small, but boy, did she have some turbo speed! She was a total "land cruiser". I found the pasos personalities closer to that of a morgan...they have that natural "get up and go" attitude. Their gaits are also very natural, and you don't have to keep urging them into it, or drag it out of them. They love to do it. They were all very surefooted, as you can see in the video, we went through the Blacksmith Fork River, which was up to the horses bellies. My little mare didn't stumble at all, and barely slowed down! I was definately impressed with their trail-sense. Like all breeds, some of these horses weren't exactly the most attractive, and some were very pretty. Out of the six paso horses my friend owns, two of them could have been mini-morgans, they had really cute "typey" heads. The one I rode looked more like a mustang...
Again, the video footage isn't all that great, its very shaky cause I was on a horse the whole time. However, I hope you can get a look at the different gait the horses are doing, fun stuff. And for all of you who don't have a clue what I'm talking about, just smile and nod your head.
4 comments:
I'm impressed.
I won't mention that she is over there again, right now, working with a few training techniques. A new found friend or two and the people who ride on them...
[smiling and nodding] fun stuff. Even I thought it looked like fun.
Looks like a ton of fun. Can I come over and play?
Post a Comment