Oct 11, 2007

Princess Pocketmouse

After raiding the dress-up box at Grandma Dreampacker's house, Pocketmouse entered her own world and was whirling and twirling in the wind yesterday afternoon. She is absolutely precious.
Later, at Desertbound's, NAM and Pocketmouse were jumping on the trampoline when cousin Lemur asked to join them. NAM informed Lemur that he was the boss, and he couldn't jump on the tramp with them. Lemur's mom, Sayyadina, gave him a pep-talk telling him to go tell NAM he wasn't the boss. Lemur bravely went back to the trampoline to tell NAM just that. Sayyadina watched from around the corner. Lemur said to NAM, "NAM, you are not the boss," to which Pocketmouse quickly replied, "I'm the boss!" Then Pocketmouse saw that Aunt Sayyadina was watching and, without missing a beat says, "NAM, stop being mean!" Precioussssss.

4 comments:

CowboyBob said...

PM's uninhibited nature is one of the most beautiful things...your challenge as a parent is to help her keep that as long as possible, for it is obvious she is becoming socially adept.

Desertbound said...

Uninhibited social adeptness. Something I'm striving for. That story still makes me chuckle.

Pulcheria said...

When Beemer saw these pictures, she said, "Look it's a princess, I want to play with her!" She really is beautiful (and so smart)!

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

funny. :) It really makes me wonder what happens when no one is watching. I'm afraid I don't remember much of what it was like, pre-second grade.