Whew! I did it! Tonight was our Fall Concert/Fireside and I nailed the songs! All EIGHT of them. It's kinda like cram-studying...I don't know if I'll remember them in the morning...
Wildman asked me today before the concert as I was cramming my brain, how it felt to have my life immersed in music again. I love it. I've missed it so much. I am uplifted and strengthened by music in a way that I find difficult to describe. It's different than riding horses or hiking in the wilderness, tho I need all of them. I am so grateful for a husband who supports and encourages me to live my passions and follow my dreams. Thank you, Wildman, for making it happen. Our Christmas Concert is on December 7-8, in the Kent Concert Hall on campus, for anyone interested...
After the concert tonight, I had to decompress by taking Macey for a long walk in the crisp, frosty moonlight. Aaahhh.....life is good...


3 comments:
Wohoo! Thanks for the update, I have been waiting anxiously to know how it went. I am thrilled you had such a good time meeting the challenge and participating in something that means so much to you! We love you!
Yea! Music and choir and singing and cramming! So glad you had so much fun.
The distinction between emotional intelligence and cognitive intelligence is a convenient one that has been exploited (not least by the "Human Dynamics" group.) I think, though, that they can't always be split, and music fuses those two in powerful ways. Especially when you're an active participant. Good music allows full emotion AND cognition, simultaneously. Sounds like you had one of those full experiences. Awesome. Makes me wish I could come to your Christmas concert.
Post a Comment