So, yesterday I thought I'd just up and join the Logan LDS Institute Choir (non-audition). The conductor is in my ward, and I asked him if old, married people like me were allowed in his choir. Affirmative. Old, married people like me, especially with my past experience, are welcomed in the choir. Yesterday was my first day. Tomorrow will be my second. I have 6 songs to MEMORIZE by Sunday if I want to perform in the Fall Concert. Yeah. Anyone think I can do it? I have all of
Into the Woods memorized, but I had my whole adolesence to do it. hhm, memorize 6 songs in 4 days....with only two rehearsals. And we're starting christmas music now! Wahoo! Bring it on!

Above: A photo of me and the officers, and Bro. C, of the Ogden LDS Institute Chorale, about ten years ago! Wow. It's really been that long.
9 comments:
Wow, Go! Sing! Win! I mean . . .nice vibes.
What was your choir director's name ten years ago? If you don't want to "out" him here...was he ever a mission president in South Carolina?
I believe you can do it. Want to come down and use the piano?
@glittersmama
Yeah, I think he was a mission president...somewhere...Bro. Castleton...
Holy cow. He was the mission president when I was a teenager there. His daughter and I were friends. Did you know any of them? If you want to email me, I would love to know. glittersmama at gmail dot com
Thanks!
Wow! So cool. And a new challenge too - I am sure you can do it! And on a personal note, when is the concert? I think I'll be there. Get me the specifics - I don't want to miss it.
I don't know when we'll be to Logan yet, but I know when Beemer and I are flying in to SLC. Curious yet?
You've know idea how envious I am. Can I live vicariously through you? Go Girl!
Sorry for the typo. Maybe you really do know.
so darn cool, girl. Congrats, good luck (belated) and don't stop, even if you feel overwhelmed.
Post a Comment