Gala apples, sliced and ready for dehydrating
Sprinkle a little cinnamon and nutmeg on them,
Dehydrate until desired firmess/texture.
My kids love these for snacks anywhere, anytime.
Great trail snacks...
The next few days are devoted to apples. Drying them and baking them. I have my dehydrator inside, so my home smells like warm, spiced apples. While outside, the weather is trying to snow. I have 3 boxes left, and the neighbor's trees are still loaded. Ah, fall harvest...(I bottled 4 quarts of tomatoes yesterday, all by myself...they all sealed, and haven't exploded yet...wahoo!)
7 comments:
Oh man. I want to come sit in your kitchen. I'll even help cut apples.
I have been doing spiced dried apples too. I don't sprinkle. I soak them in water with vitamin C and plenty of pumpkin pie spice. Even Cowboy Bob says he LIKES them. Then I use the water to cook more apples in to make applesauce. Yep, I love the way the dryer makes the house smell.
Just so you know. Teisha's accident film and a short interview have now been viewed by people from around the nation. A friend of ours requested (after seeing it), to use it as a motivational center piece in a presentation that he did in SLC this past week. Now the whole world is getting to know her story. Thank you again for helping keep her alive though your prayers, faith, and acts of service.
Awesome!
Wildman- So cool! Although WB inspiring people around the nation isn't unexpected.
The smell of spiced apples in your home sounds so tempting! And congrats on your tomato success!
I love smelly kitchens... I mean, odiferous kitchens... I mean aromatic kitchens. You know, kitchens that smell of harvest, safety, love, and stuff.
Those are gonna be great! Way to be super-domestic. Makes me miss the smells of your domicile (and, unexpectedly, the smells of dreampacker's/cowboybob's house.) Hopefully I'll smell them again, soon.
Post a Comment