Below are some pictures of what we picked from the garden before the frost got them. Spaghetti, acorn, banana, butternut, pumpkin, and at least two other varieties of squashes I don't know the names of...grilled squash, anyone? :)

Below: A yellow pumpkin...we think it may have cross-pollenated (i think that is plant "fornication") with the spaghetti squash...

8 comments:
Seriously! What do you do with all of those?
You know that after our convo you are just taunting me. All I can say is we haven't had a frost and it was 80 degrees today. And... that is far too much squash for me to take on the plane. :)
@ HSF
Those squatty pumpkins are called "cinderella pumpkins"...kinda like her stage coach...
@ Glittersmama
Other than the pumpkins, which just get carved up...We grill them, bake them, steam them, put them in soups...very tasty, and healthy too. They last for months in storage in the "cellar". (I feel like I'm on a commercial...)
@ Bethany/Rita
I'm doing the "eye thing" at you.
Ooohhhhh! A new family euphemism!
Awesome! Grilled squash sounds delicious! I miss the smell of freshly harvested veggies. Enjoy!
Oh, and that is one adorable girl in the midst of all those squash.
Great Gobs of Gourds! Is that all those sixty-somethings think about? Cross-pollenation?
A dozen inappropriate thoughts are racing through my mind, I think I shall leave them there for now. Let's have armageddon now. I won't starve and we could always launch those big ones at people for fun.
Now, now. Those gourds weren't doing anything naughty, just keeping the gene pool diverse. You know, avoiding first cousins and what not.
Post a Comment