
Above: Here she is giving "the eye" which border collies are famous for, they use it to intimidate sheep.
NAM and Chani.When she has the basic obedience things down, we’ll start her training as a working dog, herding cattle and horses and such. What fun. My husband is so incredible. He supports all my crazy dreams and schemes, even if they are inconvenient. Speaking of my phenomenal hubby….yesterday he accomplished the “impossible” and taught me how to RIDE A BIKE. Yes, after 30 years…I finally know how to ride a bike. Still have to work on the turning thing tho. I asked him to teach me so I had a means of exercising my “working” dog. I now have a jogging/walking/hiking/bike riding partner. Hopefully I can turn this extra 15 pounds of flab I’ve gained since my accident back into something a bit more firm, and find the energy I used to have. Pocketmouse is now a “pocket puppy”. She goes around acting like a puppy…whining and everything. It’s funny to watch NAM use dog training techniques (seen on the show “The Dog Whisperer” my new favorite show…) to get her to be quiet.
And……MY CAMERA CAME HOME! After two months, it is repaired and back safe and sound. Thank goodness for extended warranties, eh?
As for what we’ve been up to….Wildman is now starting into his next semester of school…big hairy semester. His work at Macey’s, being the manager of 75 employees is definitely using his skills. He is the second counselor in the Elder’s Quorum, and a ranch hand as well. All that in addition to Father and Husband. Millions of things to “get done”, and he still takes time out today to take NAM bowling. How awesome is that? Oh, and of course we can’t forget “this”.
As for me, I’ve been busy with “peach season”. Our freezers are now chuck full of frozen peaches from the Mountain Road Ranch. I feel so domestic-bound. I am also working on and almost finished with my latest production/movie “Arches Trip 2007” I must say, there are some priceless moments in it. Muahahahaha! And now, I have a new dog to train, that gets me outside and enjoying this wonderful September weather. Yes, September is my favorite month.
Pocketmouse is in first grade and LOVING it. She is now reading all sorts of books. I love it.
NAM is home with me now most of the day. He is so fun and cute. I really enjoy spending the time with him. He is also starting to pick up on some reading. He LOVES Dr. Seuss. And he loves playing with Grandma Preece.
So, life goes on…and life is good.
And……MY CAMERA CAME HOME! After two months, it is repaired and back safe and sound. Thank goodness for extended warranties, eh?
As for what we’ve been up to….Wildman is now starting into his next semester of school…big hairy semester. His work at Macey’s, being the manager of 75 employees is definitely using his skills. He is the second counselor in the Elder’s Quorum, and a ranch hand as well. All that in addition to Father and Husband. Millions of things to “get done”, and he still takes time out today to take NAM bowling. How awesome is that? Oh, and of course we can’t forget “this”.
As for me, I’ve been busy with “peach season”. Our freezers are now chuck full of frozen peaches from the Mountain Road Ranch. I feel so domestic-bound. I am also working on and almost finished with my latest production/movie “Arches Trip 2007” I must say, there are some priceless moments in it. Muahahahaha! And now, I have a new dog to train, that gets me outside and enjoying this wonderful September weather. Yes, September is my favorite month.
Pocketmouse is in first grade and LOVING it. She is now reading all sorts of books. I love it.
NAM is home with me now most of the day. He is so fun and cute. I really enjoy spending the time with him. He is also starting to pick up on some reading. He LOVES Dr. Seuss. And he loves playing with Grandma Preece.
So, life goes on…and life is good.
10 comments:
Oh my FREAKIN Fun Stuff! You learned how to ride a bike! I was beginning to wonder if that would ever happen. Congratulations! I love September, too. Chani looks like an awesome dog. You'll have lots of fun with her. Thanks for sharing.
Red dog, blue dog,
black dog, blog dog
Have you seen her with a horse?
Have you seen her bike? Of course!
Do you like her blog dear Chani?
Do you like her flabby fanny?
Yes, we love it all!
@ Bethany: HAHAH!!!!Oh, yes you are funny.
Your new puppy sounds like a sweet baby. I hope you are able to get her trained quickly. I'm also jealous of your peaches. I haven't had a good one all season. So sad.
Yes, you can teach old dogs new tricks. At least till 30.
Bam! A gerbil named Muad'Dib and a dog named Chani. I love you guys. How about a ferret named Idaho?
NO FERRETS, they eat gerbils and dogs eat ferrets. It just wouldn't work. How about a bike named Leto?
Isn't she wonderful folks. I am the the most blessed man of em all.
It's only fair to say that I am teary-eyed as I write how much I miss you. Well done with the bike-riding! I'm very proud of you (sorry if that sounds patronizing - it's not meant to be). The dog's awesome. Can't wait to meet her. Congratulations on getting your camera back. I really want to see that video of our Arches trip. September is my favorite month as well. I miss pocket[insert mammal of the moment] and NAM, too.
If I missed anything, let me know. :) Love you guys.
It's good to hear that as much as things change, they also stay the same. Your happiness is infectious. I can't wait to meet Chani. Septemeber in Cache Valley has always been one of my favorite times of year too! Great job on the bike, good luck on your new goals!
Love you!
Finaly got to see your latest creation. LOVE IT! Thank you so much! So many good parts, I won't single any out.
Yes, I will: Loved the Beemer-in-the-dirt section.
:D
Post a Comment