Sep 25, 2007

Fast Fall

Well, it's happened. The first hard frost of the year. I had to scrape my windshield this morning. It's so cold! Yuck. I was just getting into the swing of summer, then I am scraping frost off my car. I am quickly remembering that spring and fall in cache valley are very short-lived. And what's up with all this color??! I am so used to riding horses up in the hills and watching all the gradual changes...they don't sneak up on me. Now, I feel like fall has slipped past me. I also want to up and go to Southern Utah, but Pocketmouse has school. Why is everything going so fast? Bizarre. The past two weeks have been a roller coaster. I get a new dog, I learn to ride a bike, I get a new bike, I train my new dog...she still barks and howls at Lee. So not okay. She has also learned that the neighbors have horses. She feels the need to go over and "herd" them. Yikes. Also, I have taken 5 boxes of gala apples and made/bottled almost 40 quarts of applesauce. WOW! Now I just need to dehydrate the rest--4 boxes left...but I am repeatedly interrupted to go shush Chani from barking at Lee. Rather frustrating. Anyway, here are a couple of pics of what I've been up to... After two weeks of bike riding and walking with the dog, I have noticed a change in my afore mentioned flabby fanny. It's becoming more toned. Yea for me!

Below: My not-so-Still Life
Applesauce and dried apples...mmmmm...

Below: Clover honey and Mountain honey. The Mountain Honey is the darker one....and oooohhhhh so yummy.

Below: My new bike!
Below: my nice big padded bike seat....


Below: NAM took this pic, he loves taking pictures now.

8 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

It’s funny how progression, though eternal, never seems to be consistent. It’s a process of “hurry-up-and-wait,” for me at any rate. If I were an evolutionary biologist, I’d call it “punctuated equilibrium,” but… Hey, I’m a writer! So what if it’s outside my field?! That never stopped Douglas Adams, Michael Crichton or (dare I say it) Ayn Rand! I hereby proclaim that it’s the punctuated equilibrium theory of eternal progression.

Fascinating difference in the coloration of the bees’ vomit. Can you taste the difference, as well?

Nice set of wheels, sister! Very feminine. BTW, that reminds me, I researched, about a year ago, why “girl’s” bikes have that shape, instead of “boy’s” bikes, where anatomy should dictate a lower top-tube. Wanna know? So, when your glutei maximi are as toned as you want them, you gonna post a pic? I’m sure that Wildman would comply by taking a snapshot.
;)

WildBound said...

Yes, AT, why is the top bar lower? Aaron suggested I get one lower...I have no problem with that. As for pictures of my toning glutes, I'll consider it...whether I post them or not...;P

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Low Top-Tube on "Girl's" bikes:

It's the antiquated relic from when women always wore skirts in public, and men didn't. The lower bar meant that the skirt didn't ride high enough to lead to indecent exposure. There's no reason for it, in these enlightened days, except for tradition.

Pulcheria said...

Um! Apples and honey, it sounds delicious. And I think we are on opposite sides of the fall issue. Here, we're still in the 80s and I am waiting for the fall everyone says will come. Maybe if Logan fall is lost, St. Louis will find it. But, here's wishing the best season in Cache Valley isn't over quite yet!

CowboyBob said...

Beautiful still lifes. A clue: life only gets faster. Believe me. The skill to be still becomes ever more precious.

Wildman said...

On the other hand, when your pubic, hip, and pelvic bones have been crushed, a lower bar is exactly what we were looking for. Call it peace of mind. She tried my bike and literally broke her tail bone.

Desertbound said...

Another tip from a fellow lady mtn biker - tip the front of your bike seat down ever so slightly. Don't have it parallel to the ground. I read that in a book for mtn biking for women that I bought in Moab just a day too late to take the much needed advice. Beautiful pictures BTW!

DreamPacker said...

nice photos. Looks like you figured out how to make applesauce and brave the "bottles".