Sep 28, 2007

Doggie Days

I returned Chani today. Our situation just wasn't working out. Once again, I learned lots. I am now closing the "Dog Chapter", at least until I have my own home and fenced yard. There is a lot to be said for a "controlled environment" when you have a dog. I have great confidence she will find an awesome home. Maybe I will follow Ahenobarbus's lead and do some volunteering...
(Photo by NAM)
What I learned or remembered from Chani:

How to ride a bike, which gives me a lot more freedom, a way to exercise that is fun and less painful for my old injuries. Priceless.

I love dogs, and they don’t have to be MY dog to love them.

I value my freedom tremendously. I didn’t realize how much until I had a dog to baby sit/supervise 24/7.

It’s not all about me and my needs, or what I need from a relationship with a dog. She has needs too, and I and my environment are not necessarily the best to meet those needs.

My husband loves me more than life. He will do anything for me, even stand back and let me scheme and dream and wish. He knows me better than I do a lot of the time. And still, he lets me choose and decide and grow from my choices and experiences. He doesn’t judge me. Priceless.

How to better manage my time. I am capable of so much more.

How much I value quality time with my children.

How much my children are watching me, learning from my “example”.

How much my children value quality time with me.

How sensitive animals are to not only my feelings/vibes, but those around me.

How to continue to trust my judgment and intuition.

New beginnings really do happen every day. Sometimes, hourly. Seriously.

How much 20 to 30 minutes of good exercise a day can make a difference on your overall sense of well being.…and how toned your legs and butt are.

Sometimes, our greatest teachers have four legs, a heart of gold, and lick themselves.

Thanks Chani!

6 comments:

Deena said...

So what kind of good exercising are you doing because you look great. I need to get on your plan!

DreamPacker said...

*snif* thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet Chani.

WildBound said...

@ gilttersmama:
Thanks! Lately I've been spending about 10-15 minutes riding my bike, about 10 minutes briskly walking, and a little bit of yoga/stretching before bed. The results aren't catastrophic, but I feel better and my muscles feel stonger and are more toned. That works for me!

Desertbound said...

You can play with Milo anytime you want. He loves you. Flip. He loves everybody. I started doing yoga again this past week and I would love to go mountain biking with you before the snow sticks. Thanks for sharing all your learning experiences. I learn from them, too.

Pulcheria said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences so eloquently so we can all learn too! And thanks for the list to help us remember some of lifes important lessons!

CowboyBob said...

You also write with the heart of an artist. I admire how easily you seem to accumulate wisdom. I miss Chani already. Thanks for sharing her.