Aug 29, 2007

Morning Horse Ride

This morning I was invited by our neighbor/friend Kathy, to go riding with her and her friend. She owns Missouri Fox Trotters. I brought NAM along, who rode behind Kathy in a "buddy" saddle, and I rode "Belle", her husband's horse. This was my first time riding a fox trotter, and first time riding a horse other that Shrek or Wayfarer since my accident. Yes, I had some anxiety, but that quickly dissipated after we got moving. We rode around Hollow Road and area for about an hour. NAM was awesome. He didn't make a peep, just rode right along. The other women thought he was so cute and so well behaved, a little "gentleman". Belle was a very nice mare. Quite tall for a fox trotter, she was at least 15 hands, probably more. It was fun riding such a smooth gaited horse. It reminded me of riding Biscuit (our gaited morgan gelding that was sold). Though, I think I liked Biscuit's gaits better. It was good to get on a horse, and watch NAM have fun riding again.

2 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

I echo hairyshoefairy's sentiments. Any ETA on that?

Great discription, though. I'm glad NAM had a good time being a gentle-man.

DreamPacker said...

Interesting that you said you liked Biscuit's gaits better. I just wish we could have cloned (combined) his gaits with Shrek's personality.