Today is another meaningful day for me. Exactly one year ago, I began walking cane-free. A free woman again. Yeah for me. Pocketmouse started 1st grade today. We met her new teacher yesterday, and Pocketmouse said her teacher, "looks like a kid". Very young and bubbly. I think Pocketmouse will have a great time. Today has been emotional also because I decided to return Daisy. I learned and remembered a plethora of info about myself thru this experience. Not all together pain-free. As much as I loved this dog, this is not the "time or season" for me to have that responsibility on my path. Especially such a high-need one. So, with many tears, I took her back, grateful for the lessons learned, and hopeful that she will find the perfect family for her. I already miss her.
I also went for a short horse ride with Shrek. It has been awhile since his brain has been worked that much, and he loved it. It was a nice distraction for me, too.
We are experiencing some Fall-like weather here in cache valley. The mornings are quite brisk, enough for wearing a jacket. It's beginning to feel and smell a lot like autumn. It's harvest time as well. Our freezers are full of frozen peaches, and I just picked a bunch more to dehydrate. Lots of pears, too. The garden is thriving in spite of the little creatures sharing with us...there is enough and to spare.
I am looking forward to having my camera back, hopefully by the end of this month.
Oh! we also took out NAM's stitches, well, Wildman did, with some fingernail clippers. One of the stitches was already falling out, so we decided to take them all. NAM was just as brave and stoic as when he received them. What a trooper!
11 comments:
I am impressed again with how quickly you deeply love animals. It is a good thing. Because you loved her, you gave her a chance for a better situation. She'll be fine. You have a great heart.
I understand. Good on you for knowing yourself - and good for Shrek for being there for you. But, really, where else would he be?
I'm also jealous of the fall weather, back there. Home. I got a little misty-eyed as I wrote "home," but it's gone, now. See? I'm improving my defense time.
Your next phone should have a camera on it, if for no other reason than you may need it to capture medical procedures completed with clippers, and no other camera is available!
Pocketmouse in 1st grade, You walking a year ago, Fall is in the air, NAM getting stitches out via nail clippers on the kitchen table...
WOW! We all grow up don't we, the kids just grow a little faster.
Sigh. Big hugs for doing what's right for Daisy and you. Glad the stitch removal was uneventful.
And glad you have been cane-free for 1 year!
I had no idea that this accident was going to create 17 new anniversaries that I need to keep track of. All are important and significant of course.....
Wildman, I think the point is that you HAVE the anniversaries. But laughing at you anyway.
I understand the "not ready yet" an I also like to think of how much better it will be when it is right for knowing when it wasn't.
Yea for the anniversary, and I have to admit how jealous I am of your weather - just counting down the days and hoping fall does come here!
"Being a free woman again"... After being 9 days in intensive care and incapacitated afterwards, I understand more how deeply we cherish independent freedom. Your success is inspiring.
Post a Comment