Pros: She still has yet to make a peep. Not a single bark in 24 hours. Very pretty/cute/soft. Great size. Bright and smart. Quite friendly. Quick learner. Very sweet dog.
Cons: She likes to be dominant, of the other dog and the kids. Wildman and I have made ourselves the "pack leaders" and she is respectful calm-submissive to us, she just sees the kids as fellow pack members who are not dominant. We are teaching the kids how to be calm-assertive...Pocketmouse just wants to be the dog's best friend. Daisy is also a very energetic/workaholic dog, and therefore has a very high need mentality. She needs lots of interaction to keep from getting bored. All in all, it's like having another child, I just feed her once a day, and she sleeps and lives outside.
In this pic, she is eyeing Ninja, my parents cat. Love the big "bat" ears. She is a very feminine, dainty dog. Her tail is curly, and when she lays down, she crosses her front paws. Really cute. I'd take pics to show you, but my camera is still somewhere back east.
4 comments:
Woohoo! I really hope she's a good fit for you guys. She's beautiful (Jan says "she's cute.") I've always liked the shape and coloring of Border Collies.
Good for you guys. So, what brought on the desire for a new addition to the family?
hmmm too bad it's not a dalmation for your 101st post.....
lol! Touché, Muad'dib.
I was craving the "animal connection" or bond that I've been lacking lately, I've wanted a dog for a long time, and was hoping that now was the time I could have one. I'll just say that I've learned where my limits are, for now.
Post a Comment