And the last morning of our trip. Somewhere in the night, the rain started again and fell for quite some time. When I crawled out of the tent in the wee hours of the morning, I discovered this. Snow! Aaron went off to answer "nature's call", and I didn't know he took my camera with him. When he didn't return after awhile, I went to the kids' tent and woke up O, asking if I could borrow her camera as her father had taken mine for a walk. I'm so glad he did. As you'll see, he captured the quintessence of our trip as the incredible fog lured him back up the trail to view Square Top from the upper lake--again.
Peaks all viewed from our campsite, and dusted with snow. As the morning progressed, I watched the thick dew/rain turn to frost. Then the fog and mist rolled in. It was as though Mother Nature was putting on a show just for me. :)
And below, Aaron captured incredible morning pictures of Square Top and the upper lake...
On his way back down the trail, towards the campsite, he ran into a bull moose. This was one we think we spotted the morning before (Day 2), as not one, or two--but three bulls wandered through the forest on the opposite shore of the river. They were about 150 yards away, and as they paraded past Aaron and I, each one was bigger than the next. This would explain the plethora of moose droppings throughout our camp and the meadow around us...and the moose tracks on the beach.
Here is the link to watch the "moose parade" ....
At the bridge across the Green River, the mist was amazing as the sunlight began to pour through. The bridge itself was iced over.
As the fog and mist finally lifted, we decided to forgo the hike we'd planned for the day, and pack up and head home before the next storm hit, as the clouds were already building in the south. What a wonderful place! Never missed the screens and electronics at home...there was simply way too much to see and do. :) Truly, we had a fantastic time. We will definitely be returning, as there is still so much we have yet to explore!






















No comments:
Post a Comment