This morning, at about 7am, I was just finishing up running my 13 flights of stairs, and figured I'd run out to the barn to feed the horses. I whistled, as I usually do, expecting to hear Rio's familiar whinny in response. Silence. Odd. As I drew closer to the barn, and saw no heads poking around the corner to greet me, a feeling of trepidation settled around. I opened the side barn door, and came face to face with my yearling colt, Cruize. In the
barn. Not the corral. I looked past him to the wreckage of the barn. I was shocked. Cruize had taken his expedition to new levels of chaos. The grain barrel (which, luckily, was not full to begin with) was nearly empty. Then I realized the multiple piles of manure were way more than Cruize could produce on his own, even if he
had been eating ALL.night.long. Which he had. I looked into the corral to find the two older horses waddling around with bellies so full they looked like they might be expecting. That's when I realized that the gate was not unchained...it had been lifted off its hinges, and was dangling by the chain. Cruize had stuck his neck through the rails, lifted/shoved the gate off its huge bolts/hinges, and the frat party ensued. . The older horses don't have the stamina of the younger Cruize, and by morning had gone back to the corral to recover, but
Cruize (the 550 pound toddler) was still living it up, though in slow motion. Now all 3 horses have hangovers, and are currently sleeping it off. Gratefully, none of them developed colic.
That blue bin? It was shut tight. With all its contents inside. Now vet wrap, worming paste, riding boots, and first aid supplies litter the floor.
Saddle blanket: was on the saddle.
Someone couldn't make it to the "john"
The hay that WAS neatly stacked.
At least they tried to keep it to one general area...
The nearly empty grain barrel...which not only was shut tightly, but had a heavy brick on top to keep squirrels and raccoons out...
The hangovers...
Aah...poor baby can't even keep his eyes open....;P
It's hard work, partying all night...
Another view of the aftermath...yes, the chair is toppled over.
The gate in the corner is the one he shoved, then lifted off its hinges...
He had to actually shake the box like crazy to get these to have flown everywhere...or lifted and tossed them one by one. With his teeth.
3 comments:
Sounds like Trouble!!!!! Caught right in the act. Fun times!
Bwahahaha. Glad they are all OK. That is TROUBLE. Little stinker!
They could have invited the neighbors over for thier party and really had fun.
Post a Comment