This last year has been a doozy.
The year of 2013 is the first year in our marriage (of 14 years) that we
(the family) did not go camping. Seriously.
I know.
L is quite
possibly the most amazing 10 year old on the planet. No, his mother is not biased. ;) He
is in the 5th grade now and doing really well. He loves to play
soccer or football or anything-ball with whoever is willing to play with
him. He is a great friend. He loves to
read and is devouring book series like crazy.
He has the most tender heart ever. EVER.
He is a great help around the house and yard, and keeps his room clean
and organized. He regularly beats us in the card game Dominion. He is also
becoming a wonderful pianist, and accompanied the primary children in their
annual program this year, as well as played prelude for sacrament meeting (on
the piano). He has decided he loves to play the organ, and has convinced his
Grandma to give him organ lessons. He still loves to snuggle, and I take
advantage of that whenever I can. He has a list of things to do and places to
go for when his dad is FINALLY done with school.
O: I can’t believe I
have a teenager—and yet…O is an old soul…and I often feel as though she is
more of a peer, rather than a child. At 13, she is quite emotionally mature,
yet so innocent. She is simply
wonderful. She enjoys school…mostly. She
has learned this year that not all teachers are created equally, and that she
can learn to get along with (tolerate) all of them. O also loves to play the piano, and is diligently
progressing. She still loves to go to
the barn and hang out with her horse, Rio. It is often the first place she goes
after school. Middle school has not been
her favorite…she is frequently frustrated with the maturity level of her
peers. She loves her mentoring
responsibilities in school, and she is wonderful at helping to teach and guide
other younger students. O enjoys
playing games with her little brother, particularly Minecraft. We are SO grateful for our own angel.
Last Fall, A and I presented the story of my horse accident to an audience of nearly 900 people at USU. It was a terrifying
and awesome experience--and not just for me. We had one guy in the audience pass out and have to be carried out. So cool. I am still
working on my book (memoir), and hope to finish it this year. We have spent a
year having our harder edges chipped off, and the refining process has not
always been…fun. Or easy. Or even pleasant.
Yet we have all grown so much through our experiences, and have become
better for them. We love and trust the
Lord to guide us and help us in all we do. We hope this year is full of
wonderful adventures, and we look forward to creating some of the those with
you!
Love, The “Wilds” ;)


3 comments:
You guys are awesome.
You have a beautiful family. I really enjoy reading your blog. It inspires me to do better and try a little harder to recognize beauty in my life.. Thank you.
Love you all so much! Hugs and (a few) tears from STL.
Post a Comment