Dec 2, 2013

Karma

"Karma (action or deed) is a concept in Hinduism that explains causality through a system where beneficial effects are derived from past beneficial actions, and harmful effects from past harmful actions, for example:  "what goes around, comes around."  It is believed that by consciously doing good, you create "good" karma, and by living unconsciously and/or doing unconscious bad, you create "bad" karma."  (Bodhi Yoga Teacher Training)
You would then carry these thoughts/actions/deeds as energy with you throughout your soul's evolution.  I have found that when I consciously do my best to keep all of my interactions clean, I definitely feel better, I don't feel like I am carrying around the weight/burden of guilt (which, speaking of karma, always seeks punishment--consciously or subconsciously).  If I make a mistake, I do what I can to correct it, often that involves forgiveness.  I have really enjoyed discovering a more in-depth understanding of the concept of karma...and using that understanding in my everyday living has only helped my feel better, and therefore do better....what goes around, comes around....

No comments: