My personal practice of yoga has helped tremendously in my horsemanship. It has really developed my awareness of breath and softness. As such, my joy with horses has only increased. I took Rio out this morning to check all the fences. Now that I have a new
little camera, I've gotten into the habit of taking it with me everywhere, just in case a great photo op appears. After checking the fences, I thought it would be fun to get some quick video of taking Rio through some exercises. I found a fallen tree branch to perch my camera upon and just went for it. An old injury keeps Rio from being as fluid and coordinated as he used to be, and I share the same situation....so we make a great team--but he can dance sideways...woohoo!
Rio is just so much fun to ride...always trying (sometimes too hard) to figure out what you want him to do next. I'm not the only one who enjoys him...we now ask O how her "boyfriend" is doing...and she smiles and says he's great. She is the light of his (Rio's) world and I love to watch them together. So, here is a quick compilation of some of the fun we've had with him lately. The Yoga of Horsemanship...;)
No comments:
Post a Comment