Do I love to run? No. Do I like to run? Not really--but I hope to someday.
At least I don't hate it anymore.
So why do I run?
I run because:
1. it feels so good when I stop.
2. it makes me stronger.
3. it boosts my self-esteem and self-confidence.
4. it makes me a better mom.
5. it makes me a better wife.
6. it reminds me I can do hard things.
7. there was a day I couldn't run.
8. there will come a day I can't run.
9. it makes me healthier.
10. it releases stress.
11. I get to listen to anything I want.
12. I like to wave to people on the road.
13. my running shoes make me smile.
14. my brain learns how to overcome challenges.
15. my brain and body learn to work together.
16. it squeezes out all the "yuck" (emotional baggage), so I can dump it and move on.
17. I want to be able to run and just keep up with my kids.
18. it makes me a better horse rider.
19. I have less pain when I am consistent.
20. Endorphins.
21. Most people in the running "micro-culture" are cheerful and fun to be around.
22. it makes yoga easier.
23. it makes hiking easier.
24. it makes LIVING easier.

2 comments:
Makes me want to run...especially #18.
LOVE this! And I LOVE your shoes...they make me smile too!
Post a Comment