The last weekend before school started, we decided to have one last hoo-rah and drove to Bear Lake, via the "backroads". We took a slightly different route than last time and saw some new country.
Below: look! red dirt!
this road is leading into what we later found was called Hell's Hollow. How cool is that?! But the road was literally hell to drive on...SO rocky! It's amazing what we take our little CRV on and through...
some of the rocks in Hell's Hollow...
Yeah, its like northern Utah's version of hoodoos...;)
We saw a huge bird fly over us, and it landed on a hill about a hundred yards away. It was the biggest golden eagle I'd ever seen!
We arrived at Bear Lake only to find the huge snow pack this past winter had succeeded in causing the beach areas to completely disappear! The pictures below are taken right from the road. Last year, we had almost 200 yards of beach before we hit the water's edge. Crazy! The water was still as cold as ever.
I loved how this gull blended right into the background...
The kids loved gathering all the brightly colored stones...
It was a great trip, fun to see so much "new" country, and listen to Wildman reminisce about "when AT and I..." Apparently, neither one of us can do much in the wilderness here without thoughts of AT and Pulcheria. :)















3 comments:
Hearts bound the in wilderness are never far apart. Love you!
Very cool! I've got a cache placed pretty close to those hoodoos, btw. Love the bird, the rocks, the road - most of all I just love you, WM, & the kiddos. Can't wait to see you in a couple months.
Thanks for sharing. Kind of almost like being there. I think we may have taken the same road back in the 80s. Beautiful photos as usual.
Post a Comment