Apr 30, 2011

Best Kids EVER

Today, Wildman and I took Grandma K to the temple to see some friends of ours be sealed to their baby girl. We were gone for 2.5 hours.  We left our kids in charge of making sure their Grandpa got his meds on time.  When we came home, we found a note scrawled on a paper at the base of the door.  It read:

Welcome Home!
Feel free to look around the house, wherever you want.
Even in your bedroom!
*hearts*

We walked in to find the entire house had been vacuumed and dusted.  The coat closet had neat rows of shoes, the coats were all hung up.  The bathroom mirror had been wiped clean.  The hallway and bedrooms had been vacuumed, and they had made our bed.  They had huge grins on their faces, quite proud of themselves.  I'd like to take the credit for their awesomeness...but truly, they came this way. A ten and eight year old working together!  Wow!  And this is after they spent over an hour digging up three huge bucketfuls of dandelions out of the lawn. I love my kids.

Oh--and Grandpa got his meds on time. :)

4 comments:

Desertbound said...

Now that's what I call a "Parent Payday"!

Julie said...

What amazing kids!

Bri!!! said...

That is truly amazing!

Pulcheria said...

They are amazing -- those apples didn't fall far from their trees! Love you!