Mar 27, 2011

To speak, or not to speak...

Well, I guess when 4 people ask for a copy of your church talk, it means it went well.  So many people had such kind comments, it makes the anxiety, nerves and stress of preparing it and giving it worth it. Though I initially was going to take the topic of "the plan of happiness" a certain way I was comfortable with, what the Lord had in mind was a bit different, but apparently what was needed by many in the audience.  The bishops' wife came up after, saying her brother was alcoholic and she felt this talk was what was really going to help him...so could she have a copy of it?  I gave her the copy in my hand.  Another woman came up to Wildman  (who also spoke) and me and asked when we were going to write a book.  I sheepishly replied we were already working on it.  :) Another friend said she felt prompted to cut her preparations for her lesson in relief society short so that she could go to sacrament meeting, and there was able to hear me and WM speak. The high councilman, Bishop so-and-so, was sitting next to me during the meeting, and afterward said he loved the talk and the story I shared from the book "Born to Run".  He said he had read the book (foul, crude language and all), and was an avid runner.  Another woman, who had become divorced that year asked for a copy of my talk.  The comments by everyone were so kind, and exactly what I needed to hear, to give myself a little boost of confidence that yes, people (outside my family) do want to hear what I have to say.  So, I will continue plugging away at this book that I've been repeatedly prompted to write...having faith that the Lord knows what he's doing, and will help get me through something so ridiculously hard and scary for me. I am so grateful for a watchful, concerned God. Truly.

2 comments:

Desertbound said...

Wish I could have been there and glad you were well enough to stand and deliver, so to speak. You are awesome! Email me a copy:)

Fedaykin said...

Oh man! I would have gladly ditched my crappy old ward to come up and hear those! So where's the talk? So uh... Where's the talk? I'm ready to read it now...