Mar 31, 2010

Random Pics of March...out "like a lion"!

Here are some Random things from the wild month of March!

Below: The mower, stuck in the garden...in 4 inches of steer poop.
Wildman, pushing the stuck mower out...
Below:
I looked out the window and what did I see...
Grandpa perched up high in a tree!
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise,
Grandpa "taking on" the world's magpies!

Wildman's dad has a not-so-secret vendetta with the magpies. He hates seeing their nests in the trees...this spring he's been trying to knock the nests down...to the best of his ability. The nests seem to get higher and higher every year...



Evidence of spring...





notice the labels on the stakes? cool, huh! Grandma P is one hard-core gardener...

A little light reading...the kids have taken it upon themselves to read our Utah Atlas while riding in the SUV. They are so good at finding things in Utah now! Uncle Canyonsrcool would be so proud...

Trying out new spiral curlers...strips of fleece, hair wrapped around and tied...

And in the morning, this! I'll have to work on getting the ringlets all even...

We have a patch of wild raspberries that are truly obnoxious. The kids and I have wanted to have a wildflower garden, and this is the only place we could come up with to put it...so the wild raspberries gotta go.


Fire-roasted raspberries...

Sunrise in Blacksmith Fork, a couple mornings ago....

I can't believe April is here! Maybe its all the horizontally flying snow....

5 comments:

Kassidy said...

Ya' gotta' love spring...

Marzipan said...

I love the rendition of the popcorn song. And the proof of the mower in the poop!!! Oh man.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

I suppose I shouldn't ask who rode the mower into the compost(?). Love the pics. Good luck with the wildflower garden! Oh! And amen to the clearing of the wild raspberries! They're heinous things: all thorn and next-to-no berry.

Canyonsrcool said...

Very proud indeed.

Canyonsrcool said...

(sniff)